It's bad enough being stuck in on a Saturday - worse when your on your own. I did plan to study but a super sized bag of wotsits and the T.V. all to myself was too much of a temptation.
But there was definitely something wrong with me on Saturday night - I couldn't be bothered with anything, I felt weird - kinda out of sorts, I was annoyed at the T.V.
Then it hit me - I was skantin' (heavily craving) for a cigarette!!!!!!
Saturday was the first time since I quit this time that I actually felt that I was physically craving a cigarette. Craving nicotine is not the horrible, painful experience that people (smokers included) think that it is. This is something we imagine - to give us an excuse to "fail" again. Most smokers do not even know they are having withdrawals at all - in fact all smokers go through life with withdrawal symptoms - in between cigarettes - and we don't become raging bulls then, so really no excuses!
I haven't really missed the ciggies much this time - but I would have chewed somebodies arm off last night for one. What did I do - nothing much. I made a cup of tea (which I don't associate with smoking because I never did them together) and went to bed.
Feel fine again today. Feel so much better for getting through a really bad craving and determined to keep calm and carry on.
(victory dance round the room to the tune of mambo no.5)
No comments:
Post a Comment