Well here we are - 2011 and I am still smoking.......
Unfortunately my previous attempt didn't go as planned, but apparently the average smoker has 4 real attempts before giving up for good, still got a few lives left then!!
In the spirit on New Year, New You and all that shite, I have decided to give chucking the bad habit another go! I was going to start a new blog thread but I think that this is a journey and the journey includes some unplanned stops along the way. So instead I have decided to continue the blog on, because I have learned from my mistakes and (hopefully) won't make them again!
I have signed up for a stop smoking class, although I think the first class was last week - I had flu :( but you stop in the 3rd week, according to the website, so I am going to phone them tomorrow and see if I can still go!!
My plan is to try Zyban - I have been advised by my GP not to go anywhere near Champix because of the weird affects it has had on my the last two attempts (oh shit! I don't have any lives left - well the 2nd attempt doesn't really count because I was taken off the Champix before I stopped smoking - so I have a spare life! phew!)
So I am going to make an appointment with the GP tomorrow and ask about Zyban - the reason I think it will be better is because it has no nictoine - nice clean break - but also that it makes cigarettes make you feel sick - I usually cave in and have a sneaky one which snowballs into a relapse, so if that sneaky fag doesn't do anything for me then hopefully I won't have another.
I am also going to read Allan Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking, it has worked for a lot of people and hopefully it will work for me to. I have got to the same chapter twice before, then stopped reading, possibly because I realized that reading any further meant quitting.
And of course I am going to do the blog - keeps me busy, gives me a chance to offload and... well I like the attention I get :D
Those who read this blog - my friends and family - supported me through my attempt and consoled me through my relapse. I am going to be selfish and ask for that support again!
I will updated you all tomorrow on wither I can go to the class, and my subsequent quit date from there!!!
Fingers and Toes Crossed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment