Thursday, 5 April 2012

Prescription has been picked up!

Well today I went to the pharmacy and picked up my prescription for Champix.

My most successful quit attempt was with champix in the past, but the doc's have been unsure about giving it to me again because of the insomnia I had at the time (poor Sandy was on the couch more than one night cause I wouldn't stop moving about in bed....) but I have a new doc and kind of omitted the insomnia this time (benefit of my notes taking so long to come through) because to be honest I'd rather suffer a few weeks not sleeping if it means I'll chuck this habit for good.

I am most worried about putting on weight so I am starting my new exercises this week (as I will be smoking the first 7-14 days anyway) this will let me get into my routine and see losses before I chuck the ciggies, giving me more incentive and starting my routine.

So this weekend the plan is to gut out my car and stop smoking in it from Monday. The car is definitely the worst place for me smoking, as soon as I am in it (regardless of my last fag) I light up. I am also terrible for having habitual sections of the road or regular journey; like on my commute I always light up at the bottom of the street because I know I'll be finished bang on picking up my car-share buddy Claire). So the car is getting scrubbed out, febreezed and mr shine'd till there is no evidence of smoke left!

Start taking the tablets tomorrow morning :s and will keep you updated on how I get on :) as usually!

No comments:

Post a Comment