Monday, 16 April 2012

Day 1 of quit attempt 473 :s

well today was day 1 - I have taken the horrible Champix pills for 9 days now and its been a bumpy ride. Between the intense morning sickness and the messed up dreams I have thought about coming off them more than once. But I have perceived and slept in more than once for work!

So today was the 1st day that I was not going to have a cigarette. I say not going to because I did have one after my dinner. I had a few left over and with me that is never a good thing. My mum takes comfort in knowing she has emergency fags stashed just in case, but I can't - if I have them then I will smoke them.

Today was...very, very difficult. I felt very angry, very sick and quite emotional. I was tired from a terrible sleep the night before and felt as though I thought about cigarettes the whole day. I also hurt, my lungs are sore because I can't stop coughing, understandably given they are trying to get rid of the 10 years of tar and chemicals I have shoved into them.

I held off all day, even when I got stuck in the regular hospital traffic on the way home. But after my dinner the cravings just got too strong so I caved.

Haven't had one since.

Determined to keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment