As an individual, probably as a result of the nation I have been brought up in, congratulating myself is not something that I am particularly good at doing. Mistakes, struggles and difficulties feature heavily in my blog(s), take a glance at the dates alone in this blog and you'll prob be able to guess that this journey alone has had a few stumbling blocks.
Today, however, was a good day. I cannot express through words how much better the nausea has suddenly become. Don't get me wrong I still get a good 10-20mins in the morning, compared to 2-3 and physical vomiting, no competition really. That alone has definitely allowed me to obtain a much more positive mental attitude towards this attempt. Feeling sick every day is so emotionally draining and frustrating and upsetting. Having this reduced to something more manageable has given me a new push in the right direction. The nurse had said that if it didn't settle this week I would have to come back and they might have taken me off the drugs, so I am so happy all in all that this issues seems to have been resolved.
Sleeping has also improved, and (touch wood) I haven't had a nightmare for 4 nights! wooo!
And today, I realised about 3pm I hadn't thought about cigs that much. I was at training so it did mean I was kept fairly occupied. One of my major triggers is in the car. As soon as I am in the drivers seat, and on a straight bit of road, I light a cig. Regardless of how far I am going or when I had my last one.
Today...no problems. Didn't miss them, didn't think about them, even when I got stuck in traffic.
So today was a good day, and in a rebellious display of anti-britishness, I am going to shout about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment