Thursday, 26 April 2012

1 week anniversary; some positive thoughts

So it has been a week since I officially stopped smoking and apart from the little dribble I had when on the lash on Saturday I have had no sneaky fags at all! In fact for the most part I have not even really been thinking about cigarettes.

I have, however, been a little emotionally strained on more than occasion. Work is particularly tough and I have been finding it a consensus difficulty to keep myself in check. I am definitely losing my temper quicker, getting frustrated faster and having less patience with others in general. For anyone who knows me fairly well...or have just met me...will probably be wondering how someone with no patience could lose some!

However, after a particularly stressful incident on Wednesday night I realised that I cannot go through the rest of my life blowing my top every time something irritates me. I am not saying that I will not still be me, and speak my mind, but its definitely time to get some checks on my mental state.

Of course, the psychological impact of the Champix cannot be ignored, but neither shall I let it be an excuse. So here is a list of reasons I have been happy this week because I haven't smoked.

1. I can literally say that I have saved about £40 this week already!

2. I don't get into my car and screw my nose up at the smell.

3. I didn't have to go outside in the rain today....at all!

4. I don't cough as much in the morning.

5. I don't smell :))

6. I don't worry about times!

So I have decided that if I stay off the fags for one whole month I am going to treat myself and buy a pole :)) Yaldi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment