Well happy campers it's been 1 whole month since I made the personal decision to quite smoking. Aside from two smirting incidents I have not smoked!!
So its a month on - and they health gurus tell me that my circulation is beginning to improve as does my ability to well... breathe. This is something I am definitely seeing in the gym - remember how I joined the gym - well I have been going! Honest!
Getting into shape is going to be a tough, long, road. As I am panting and puffing (oxygen not fags) away at my classes I have to say in my head over and over again - you will enjoy this! you will enjoy this! Harder work than lighting a cigarette - but there is no buzz on the planet better than completing an hour of kettlebells and knowing how much pain you are going to be in come tomorrow!
HOWEVER..... I have also been dutifully informed that something else is meant to get better as circulation improves:
sex!!
Now I was aware - due to the subtly advertising on cigarette packets - that smoking affects men in that area: But the NHS have informed me that sex also improves for women - again because of improved circulation. Not only is arousal quicker - but orgasms are easier to achieve! Well - every little helps!!
This little inspirational piece of information is grand - but the problem when you get over the initial month is keeping up the motivation! I joined the gym, which is a huge reason not to go back to smoking - but here's another: MONEY!
My gym membership is costing 1 week of fag money.... which means i should still have £90 a month lying about doing nothing.... yet I don't!
OK OK so I may have impulse bought a ticket to Thailand the other day... which works out at a feeble 5 months fag money.... but yet I am finding myself watching the pennies closely. I spend a total of £10 last week (yes the whole week) on non-essentials but I just don't seem to have fag money left over, isn't it funny how as a smoker you always find the cash somewhere. If I am brutally honest I very much doubt I'd be going to Thailand this year if I was still smoking now!
But in order to keep the motivation levels high (esp as I am single and therefore unable to test the sex gets better in time theory properly) I am pledging to put £1 a day into my savings jar (from the 1st attempt!!)
OK so I would be spending 3 even 5 times this amount on fags... but its an achievable goal to start with. £1 a day in my jar even in the next month is £28-£30! That's another weeks worth of fags! I'll let you know if I stick to my new motivation! and stay off the ciggies!!

No comments:
Post a Comment