Friday, 24 September 2010

Wisdom, Emotions, Relationships and the rest....


By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
Confucius

I have had the most emotional two days of my life, ranging from unbelievable anger to humiliation, to feeling like a selfish bastard too wrapped up in my own problems to the point when I forget to ask friends about theirs, to being so thankful that I have possibly the best friends in the world, to hating someone and then loving them all over again.

Cigarettes have just very nearly cost me my relationship... my three year relationship that has survived the credit crunch, an age gap, infidelity (on my part), betrayal, pregnancy scares, health problems, family problems, a breakup and thousands of little disagreements and hundreds of big disagreements. Cigarettes nearly cost me my other half, a huge part of my life, the man I want to be with for the rest of my life.

I ain't going to lie the intital disagreement about the cigarettes lead on to bigger issues which was threatening us, not the cigarettes per se. 

Some things in life are bigger than cigarettes. Some things in life are worth a bit of pain and suffering and sacrifice. 

Sometimes I am not a good person, most of the time I am not a wise person, but I have just started a painful journey which is going to need a lot of investment and time and patience and sacrifice from two people. Experience may be the bitterest way to become wise but surely that makes the lesson stick.

Its time to get back on track..... no more Mrs Nice Gal and no more Mr Nasty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment