Thursday, 16 September 2010

Week 3... Epiphanies and Positive Thinking

I decided to stop bothering with the patches after about two weeks. There are several reasons behind this decision including the fact that they burn like hell for the first two hoursy and then fall off in the shower anyway. Plus I was using them as an excuse to smoke when I forgot to put one on so I figured I may as well eliminate that issue as quickly as possible.

Which means that now I officially have no nicotine in my body what so ever... any cravings I have are now in my head - not even my head but my tummy: Mr Nasty is my cravings and boy he is losing this war.

All my usual excuses I used in the past seem like feeble attempts for Mr Nasty to cling to his nicotine habit now. I had a huge fight with my boyfriend and when I got home I had one cigarette and do you know what: not only did it not make me feel any better but the reason we had a huge fight was still there after I finished said cigarette. I almost had some sort of epiphany: cigarettes don't actually make my problems better! Easy thought to accept really, especially when your head is halfway down the lavvy pan :) nice!

What is difficult, however, is that people forget. I mean I am not asking people to be checking how I am feeling every day etc. but sometimes people forget that I am still fighting an addiction, nicotine in system or not. Mr Nasty is still there... he is weaker and he is starving but that just makes him angrier which makes him all the more devious...

but I am trying to be positive and I hear that some people who read my blog are talking about stopping too. So here is a list of my body benefits so far: a list to help me think positively and to remind me that the fight is worth it.

After 2  days:Carbon Monoxide and Nicotine are both eliminated from my body! Yippee
3 days: Breathing is better, tubes relaxed and energy is on the up!!
2 weeks onwards: My blood is pumping with more oxygen in it, improving my circulation which helps ease pains, weight loss, decreases my risk of clots and makes my skin and organs healthier! This will continue to improve for the next 10 weeks!

I have saved about £112 so far!



No comments:

Post a Comment