Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Day 7 - Drumroll Please

Dun dun dun dun da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


thats supposed to be a drumroll

So I made it - day 7! In fact I am actually writing this blog on day 10!!

So there you are folks I am well on my way and again your support has made it easier so thank you. Although the journey will be long I am thrilled to have gotten to the point where I can reply "Oh I stopped over a week ago!"

I feel better in terms of my mood AND the other day I even traveled to Glasgow, by train, and never though about it once. I know most of you are probably thinking And...? But that is quite a big deal for me. More than once I have found myself waiting at the station (I am always early for trains... always!) and thinking to myself; what the hell do non-smokers do when they are waiting on a train...as I smoke. Having voiced this concern to some friends a while back one of them looked at me like I had just said something like tigers are just big cats! Then casually replied... you just wait! Play with your phone or read or just wait!

Doing this blog was probably the best idea I have actually ever had, because now my 210 facebook friends know I have stopped smoking. To be fair 190 of them probably don't care much, or at all, actually given that I haven't spoke to them for years, and even when I did know them I didn't even like them to be fair. But the friends I do know and I do like have conformed into some sort of 24/7 smoking police. Just the other day at uni I was waiting for a mate at the bottom of the library ramp when another friend from class, who was walking down behind me, shouts "let me see those hands Conway!". There I was raised my hands like I was being arrested by the FBI: "whats my charge?"


In fairness I am thankful that people are in on the lookout for me and it saves a whole lot of explanations as well. However the next big challenge is coming up: ALCOHOL!

I haven't drunk since my holiday and I tend to find that alcohol weakens my resolve, especially if there are other smokers in the group. Will I or won't I? I am certainly going to try not too. Either way I can guarantee that someone will shout "Let me see those hands Conway!" and I can't get away with fibbing on facebook!

1 comment:

  1. keep it up babe wll done on your day 7 xx Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete