A honest account from a 25 year old woman who is quitting cigarettes and facing all the challenges that goes along with it!
Saturday, 16 July 2011
A niggly itch....
Stress... one of the main reasons why people say that they smoke, and one of the major reasons why many smokers do not want to stop and defiantly THE reason why ex-smokers relapse:
Example A: The women I worked with on the tuck-in shifts the last 2 evenings. This women did my f'ing nut right in! Everything about this women annoyed me; her lack of professionalism, her opinions, the way she talked, her attitude... ARGH!
This is what is known as A Stresser!
There was one point where I had to physically fight the urge to walk to the shops for fags... just to get away from her. But I persevered - text everyone in my phone book - and engaged with the service users at a level that I never have achieved before in my 4 years of social work experience. I got through it, it was a tough test, but I feel like I have succeeded!
Roll on the 1 week mark :))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment