Thursday, 26 August 2010

Day 3 - Cigarettes lower your appetite don't ya know?

Keeping Mr Nasty in mind I began Day 3 with a renewed vigor and overall it was was going well. I went to work in the morning and everything was fine. I was pleasant and happy and to be honest I didn't really think about cigarettes at all. Then I went to my weightwise class.....

To be fair I haven't been weighed in 3 weeks... and over the course of those 3 weeks I had a holiday which involved a lot of late night eating, snacks, cider and general alcoholic beverages.  When I came back from holiday I chucked the cigarettes and as the first couple of days are the hardest I felt it was my duty to ensure that I ate whatever I wanted, if it meant I didn't smoke.

But 8lbs!!! Come on people!? How the hell do you put 8lbs on in 3 weeks!?!?!?! This is a disaster!

Mr Nasty found the perfect opportunity to start whispering sweet nothings in my ear...
"you know if you smoked you would lose weight"...
"its the cigarettes which keep your appetite low"...
"you worked so hard to lose that stone, look whats happened now you've given up". 
If it wasn't for my Mr Nasty image in my head I would have legged it to the nearest shop and bought a packet there and then.

But I didn't, instead I talked about my concerns to Michelle, my weight-wise counselor and she helped me to refocus my thinking. At the end of the day if I lost it once I could lose it again and probably faster because I'll be able to do more exercise. My lungs will actually be able to pump oxygen around my body properly allowing me to burn more calories and get fitter, quicker.

I kept that in mind as I got a cut and blow dry at my local hairdressers with the money I had saved so far on cigarettes and when I picked up my boyfriend to go the pictures that night.

When he looked at me and said I looked lovely I felt good, but when he kissed me and said that I tasted great I felt amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Woo!! 3 days off the fags-go you!! Well done hun, really proud of you, keep up the good work!!xxx

    ReplyDelete